Wednesday, April 5, 2017

IWSG: A Quote for the Overwhelmed

It's IWSG day, a monthly event author Alex Cavanaugh started to get writers sharing about insecurities and other stuff going on in their lives. I hope that those of you who are participating in the Blogging from A to Z Challenge are having a good time so far. I did A to Z last year, but this year I decided to pass.

Today I don’t have much to share except that I have a lot on my plate right now with an endless to-do list. I’m feeling a little overwhelmed. Sometimes it just feels like a 24-hour day isn’t enough to do what I need to do. Is anyone else feeling overwhelmed too? If so, here’s a quote for you and me:

“The greatest weapon against stress is our ability to choose one thought over another.” –Williams James

What quotes or thoughts do you find comforting when you are overwhelmed? How are you feeling today?

7 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

After yesterday, I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed. However, I'm not doing the Challenge this year and intend to take all of next week off to recharge.

Natalie Aguirre said...

Great quote. I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed too. I tend to just charge through it.

Madeline Mora-Summonte said...

I keep trying to accept that I will probably never be able to do everything I want to do. It helps me let some things go. Sort of. :)

Great quote!

Liz A. said...

When I'm feeling overwhelmed, I choose to think that it'll all get done in time. And worrying won't help. Then I take it one thing at a time.

Pat Hatt said...

Need to get rid of the over and just be whelmed, so much better lol

Karen Jones Gowen said...

That's a wonderful quote! Maintaining balance in our thoughts and activities is one of the most difficult challenges of daily life.

Doree Weller said...

Great quote. I love things like that to give me a boost.
Doree Weller

Post a Comment