Thursday, November 1, 2012

KidLit Cares: An Online Auction to Support Hurricane Sandy Relief Efforts

Author Kate Messner is hosting an online auction to raise funds for Hurricane Sandy's relief efforts. She is auctioning off manuscript critiques, Skype visits, and other neat stuff  offered by industry professionals. Check out the auction.

On that note, I just want to say that I am going to be a bit low key this month as I do NaNoWriMo.  I will still post stuff -in fact, I have an author interview coming up soon- but I might not be around as much. 

If anyone has heard of other fundraisers benefiting the relief efforts for Hurricane Sandy, feel free to share about them.

If anyone has started on NaNo and want to dish on how your first day is coming along, go for it. If anyone wants to add me, my profile name on NaNo is CynthiaWrites.

Update 11/6/12: I recently came across another online auction you can check out hosted by author Jen Malone. You can check out the auction here. The auction closes tomorrow. 

6 comments:

Lynn Proctor said...

i haven't heard of any yet--good luck on the nano!

Lynda R Young as Elle Cardy said...

Good luck with NaNo!! I won't be able to do it this year because I'm so crazy busy.

Patricia Stoltey said...

Wow, I'm finding tons of blogger acquaintances doing NaNoWriMo. This will be my second year, although I suspect I won't make the full 50,000 this year because of travel and holiday company. I'll do what I can.

Paul R. Hewlett said...

Good luck with NaNo, it sounds like a daunting task. I would love to hear your final results. Thanks for posting the relief effort info. Have a great day!

Paul R. Hewlett

Unknown said...

Good luck on Nano. A blogging slow down, while participating, sounds like a smart idea.

Cynthia said...

Lynn: Thanks!

Lynda: Thanks!

Patricia: I'll do what I can too.

Paul: Have a great day too.

Jenn: Thanks...I'd need to cut down on the blogging but I'd still be around... =)

Post a Comment