Thursday, January 28, 2016

I'm Doing the 2016 Blogging from A to Z Challenge!

Yesterday, after visiting Alex Cavanaugh’s blog, I signed up for this April’s Blogging from A to Z Challenge. Participants are expected to blog about topics starting with the letter A on April 1, B on April 2, and so forth. During this month, bloggers visit one another and leave comments, and hopefully make new connections. I did the A to Z challenge for two years straight, and then I took a break for two years. When I did this challenge, I found the experience very rewarding because I got to connect with new writers and know some writers I already knew even better. I do remember visiting a few blogs and repeatedly leaving comments day after day without any reciprocation; from reading the recaps, it appears this happened to others too. So my goal in April is to seek out bloggers and writers with like-minded goals and intentions.

Are you doing the Blogging from A to Z challenge this year?

8 comments:

Pat Hatt said...

Yep, doing it once more indeed. Already done at my feed lol

Madeline Mora-Summonte said...

I did it for three years and really enjoyed it, but still not sure about this year. Good luck to you!

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Resistance is futile! Glad you're joining us this year.

Claire Annette said...

I'm doing it again so will look forward to alphabetical blogging along with you!

Medeia Sharif said...

I did it a few times, but I stopped doing it since I usually have a release before, during, or after that month and it's hard to balance the posting and commenting. I look forward to the posts, though.

Stephanie Faris said...

I'm a minion, so I'm assigned to read a certain group of them every day and report those who stop halfway through. (I'm always amazed at how many people drop out around letter B or C!) On top of that, I try to get around to everyone at some point during the month. And yes, it is amazing how few people reciprocate. I mean, what the heck is the point of doing all that work if you aren't going to try to get a few new readers out of it? I think people just assume, hey, I'll be SO entertaining that people will just follow my blog and read it every day whether I read theirs or not. Nope...not how it works. If I read them and comment and they never comment back, I won't find them again because I only read the blogs of those who comment mine each day.

Sherry Ellis said...

I did it for three years. I didn't do it last year, and I probably won't do it this year. I'm just too busy in the "real" world. It is a great way though, to meet other bloggers!

My Cozy Book Nook said...

I found your blog via the Theme Reveal link page :) I plan to participate for the first time this year. I'm a little nervous but a lot excited!

Post a Comment