Friday, September 18, 2015

Explaining Myself with a Book Review

Drum roll please! The winner of WOVEN by David Powers King and Michael Jensen is S.P. Bowers! Congratulations, Sara! I will connect you and David with each other. Thanks again to David and Michael for offering their wonderful book. You’re both awesome! Now onto my post…

Last night, I wrote a long post about some things I’ve been dealing with, and it regards a topic that has made me feel very beaten down these past few weeks ever since the school year began. I read my post to my husband and asked if it was a good idea for me to publish it. My husband said I probably shouldn’t publicly share this, at least not yet. He pointed out that he doesn’t want me to get hurt even more than I have been just in case someone from that environment I’m alluding to finds my blog and twists my words and my intentions. My husband is a wise person, and I respect his advice.

(Update: When I first posted here, I shared a book review reflecting some of the stuff going on with me. That was my way of talking about it without really talking about it. But I have since decided to remove it.) 

Have you ever really wanted to post about something on social media but decided not to? (Update:) Have you ever taken down something you posted, like what I just did?

8 comments:

S.P. Bowers said...

Thank you so much! I'm very excited to read this book.

Cynthia, I'm sorry you're experiencing less than pleasant things in life. I hope that your situation improves. Hugs.

Pat Hatt said...

Ugg, hopefully you aren't experiencing the stuff in the book. Lots of backstabbing and crap can go on in schools though. The cat says whatever at his sea, so far nothing has muted me lol

Jennifer R. Hubbard said...

Absolutely. And some people can do it and apparently be fine. But it can have consequences. I tend toward sharing less rather than more. You have to find your own comfort zone.

Karen Jones Gowen said...

Oh yes, I have removed posts I felt were too personal or negative. Best foot forward! (As my mom would always say)

Brandon Ax said...

I have been close to saying stuff and decided against it before. I usually read any blog post like 8 times before I post it so if something makes me uncomfortable I tend to take it out. It is a hard line, because we want to be open, but some things are better left out. At least they are until we are ready. Congrats S.P. on the book.

Brandon Ax said...

I have been close to saying stuff and decided against it before. I usually read any blog post like 8 times before I post it so if something makes me uncomfortable I tend to take it out. It is a hard line, because we want to be open, but some things are better left out. At least they are until we are ready. Congrats S.P. on the book.

Medeia Sharif said...

Congrats to S.P. I've taken out a few things before I publish a post, but not when it's already up. I'm careful about sharing personal things, day job related issues, and controversial topics. If I do, I'm very vague.

John Wiswell said...

Whatever it is that's been beating you down, I hope you receive relief soon.

Post a Comment