Tuesday, March 31, 2015

IWSG: RhyPiBoMo 2015

Today is IWSG day, a monthly occasion Alex Cavanaugh started to get writers sharing about their insecurities and other things. Today is also the first day of the Blogging from A to Z Challenge, with currently over 1,600 sign-ups! I’ve done this challenge before, and it’s a great way to meet other bloggers. I’m not doing A to Z this year, but I’ll still be around.

What I plan to do in April is work on my revisions for my novel and picture book. I also signed up for Angie Karcher’s RhyPiBoMo, which stands for Rhyming Picture Book Month. I’m in awe of writers who pull off rhyme so smoothly. Perhaps a month of reading expert posts, doing exercises, and reading examples of rhyme done right can help me improve on the craft .  

I’m going to keep today’s post short as I’m sure you A to Z folks have many, many blogs to visit today…and for the next 30 days at that!

If you are doing the Blogging from A to Z Challenge this month, what is your theme? If you are not doing A to Z, what are your plans for April? 

13 comments:

Pat Hatt said...

Never knew there was such a rhyming month, the cat shall rhyme no matter the time though haha

Natalie Aguirre said...

Awesome you're participating. Good luck. I'm just doing the usual--working and blogging once or twice a week.

Madeline Mora-Summonte said...

No A-Z for me this year. Busy moving and just trying to get back to the novel and other creative pursuits. Good luck with your projects!

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

I'm in awe of poets as well. I can't rhyme at all. I hope you're inspired and learn a lot this month.

Claire Annette said...

Hi Cynthia - I just signed up for the RhyPiBoMo
I'm also doing the a-z April blog challenge. I love challenges! They make be organize my time better. I'm doing an a-z kids read around the world theme and made a reading challenge to go along with it.

Wendy LaPlaca said...

I'm doing the challenge, but I really haven't settled on a theme... I'm thinking Random Ramblings with a Healthy Dose of Books :)

LOVE the title of your blog, very clever!

Michael Pierce said...

Best of luck on the edits! I'll be transitioning to that phase quite soon, and I really enjoy it.

Michael Di Gesu said...

HI, Cynthia,

Thanks for stopping by yesterday and for the congrats.... All the best with your edits and Rhyming PB this month... that is quite the challenge!

Anonymous said...

Thanks Cynthia for sharing info about RhyPiBoMo here! So glad you are signed up and ready to rhyme!
Angie Karcher

Dianne K. Salerni said...

I'm not doing A to Z, and originally I planned to take a blogging hiatus for the whole month and concentrate on writing and on a community college class I was teaching.

But then the class was cancelled. I got some submissions for First Impressions in April. And I told Alex I would participate in his book launch/scavenger hunt. And my book is up for the SCBWI Crystal Kite Award in the Atlantic division, and I wanted to let my blogging friends know ... So I am not hiatus-ing as much as I thought I would. I'm also not working on the project I thought I would be working on (or teaching that class).

So April has been kind of a surprise so far. :) I have no idea what the rest of the month holds!

Julie Dao said...

Hope your revisions are going well! I'm always wanting to do the A-to-Z challenge, but not being able to. Bah, humbug!

Jay Noel said...

Keep on revisin'! I feel a bit drained at the end of A-Z, but I love "meeting" new bloggers

Sherry Ellis said...

Good luck with your revisions. I'm doing the same thing you're doing this month. No A-Z challenge for me this year. It seems kind of strange not doing it!

Post a Comment