Wednesday, November 6, 2013

IWSG: Comment Responses and NaNoWriMo

It's IWSG Day. Thanks to Alex Cavanaugh for organizing this monthly event where writers share about their writerly insecurities. 

Some of you might've noticed that I haven't been responding to reader comments on my blog the way I used to. I've been juggling a number of responsibilities in and outside of my writing life, and I've decided that for the time being, I won't be regularly responding to reader comments on my blog. But I want to reassure my wonderful and awesome readers that I read ALL my comments, and I truly appreciate everyone's support of my blog. So please, keep the comments coming!

....It's National Novel Writing Month. Who's doing it this year? I did NaNo last year. It was so intense, and at the same time, my attempt at speed writing a 50,000 word novel in a month paid off. I met the word count goal, even though most of the writing was absolutely dreadful. But hey, now I have a skeleton draft to work with. For anyone who's doing NaNoWriMo and wants some general tips on how to survive this crazy month, you can check out a blog post I wrote last December on How I Got Through NaNoWriMo.

....As I'm writing this, I'm getting over a bug. Bleh! So it might take me a few more days to get through my IWSG visits, but I'll get there! 

Have a great November, and stay well! Feel free to share how November's shaping out for you so far.

13 comments:

Medeia Sharif said...

I'm glad you're feeling better.

I believe NaNo is intense. That's one reason I haven't done it yet, but one day I might.

Huntress, aka CD Coffelt said...

sounds like your plate is overflowing. Babysitting my grandson took its toll on Nano for me. Now I need to get back into the groove.

Natalie Aguirre said...

Hope you feel better soon. Like Medeia, I haven't done NaNo. Don't think I can with working.

Madeline Mora-Summonte said...

I'm doing NaNo, after skipping it last year. I'm both enjoying it and freaking out about it. So...the usual. :)

Feel better!

Elsie Amata said...

I'm not doing NaNo. Good luck to you and I'm hoping you'll feel better soon!

Elsie

Pat Hatt said...

Good like and hope all gets back to semi normal soon

MollyMom103 said...

Feel better soon! You are so wise to do just what you can and no more. Happy IWSG day.

Julie Luek said...

Sometimes you have to make adjustments in where your time goes!

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Sometimes it's impossible to keep up with comments.
Glad you're feeling better.

Laura Marcella said...

NaNo is going really well so far! I had a three-day weekend last weekend, which was awesome since that's when NaNo started, and I got ahead on my word count. It's feels good to have some breathing room just in case for when those inevitable life moments get in the way! :)

Happy reading and writing! from Laura Marcella @ Wavy Lines

Sarah said...

Hope you feel better soon! I'm not able to participate this year but hoping for next. For anyone who doesn't have time for NaNoWriMo, there's a round robin going on on Twitter. Here are the details: http://www.thriftbooks.com/twitter-contest.aspx

John Wiswell said...

I'm the walking wounded as well. I hope you're kicking your bug and feeling more productive!

Gina C said...

I'm so impressed by NaNo winners :) Hope you're feeling better, and that life slows down for you soon!

Post a Comment