Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Coming Soon: WriteOnCon 2013

WriteOnCon is a free kidlit themed online conference where writers and aspiring authors can rub virtual elbows with agents, editors, and authors. You can ask industry professionals the questions you want to ask, have them look at your queries, see how they critique others' work, and you can do all that from the comfort of your own office chair. I've participated in WriteOnCon for the last two years, and I've learned so much about writing and the publishing industry by participating in this. 

This year's WriteOnCon is on Tuesday and Wednesday, August 13 and August 14. I already marked my calendar!  You know how some people keep checking back at conference web sites to see updates on schedules or speakers? I'm sooo that person!

For any of you who can't make it out to a kidlit writing conference, but want some of the benefits of being at one, I recommend you give WriteOnCon a try.

Have you participated in WriteOnCon before?

For WriteOnCon newbies, online chats with industry professionals occur throughout the conference. Which kidlit authors, agents, or editors would you like to do an online chat with? For me, I would love to do online chats with J.K. Rowling, Suzanne Collins, and Amanda Hocking, just to name a few peeps.

13 comments:

Natalie Aguirre said...

Awesome you're shouting out about WriteOnCon. I need to do so too. I really get a lot out of that conference, though I still have to go to work during the day and catch it when I can.

Julie Dao said...

Thanks for the reminder, Cynthia! Last year was my first time participating, and I LOVED it. Would recommend to anyone. Hope to see you there! :)

Pat Hatt said...

Will keep it on my list, could be fun to do.

John Wiswell said...

It's a little late for me to be able to chat with Maurice Sendak. While it's not my area, I hope you have a splendid time with it.

Paul R. Hewlett said...

I lurked around last year, but didn't participate as much as I would have liked. Thanks for posting this info. I have marked it on my calender.

Paul R. Hewlett

Nicole said...

Yay! I haven't been able to do WriteOnCon in the past, but I'm bookmarking it for this year for sure.

Sher A. Hart said...

Ooh, that soon? I don't know why it always suprises me. I'm never ready on time. But if Paul marked it on his calendar, I'll see it too. Yes, we're on. Thanks for posting this!

Jeff Hargett said...

Hope you had a blast at WriteOnCon. Sounds like a great opportunity. Would love to hear details if you're up to sharing.

Lynn Proctor said...

hoping you really enjoy this!

Ashley Nixon said...

I've never done this but I totally should because it's right before school beings for me. Thanks for the info!

Jill Haugh said...

Dude! You stole my next blog topic!
NOW what am I supposed to write about?!

(I know, how about being a whiny writer...)

~Just Jill
:)

Jill Haugh said...

P.S. Glad you will be in it too. It should be fun, huh?
~JJ

Cynthia said...

Thanks for the comments! I'm still waiting to see when they'd post the full schedule online. =)

Post a Comment