Wednesday, May 1, 2013

IWSG: Reflections on the Blogging from A to Z Challenge

It's Insecure Writers Support Group Day, a blogging event that occurs on the first Wednesday of each month. Thanks to the wonderful Alex Cavanaugh for hosting this! 

First, congratulations to everyone who completed the Blogging from A to Z Challenge last month. As some of you know, my blogging theme for April was World Building from A to Z. 


To complete my 26 posts, I reached into the back of my head to recall details from stories I've read or seen. Sometimes when I read, random story details would glue themselves to my memory, whether or not I want them to be there. These little Post-It notes came in handy  when I brainstormed for my posts. But still, I couldn't realistically remember every nitty-gritty detail of every story I've ever been exposed to. So when I wasn't sure about the information scribbled on one of those mental Post-It notes, I would fact-check it. So once in awhile, I'd re-read excerpts of certain books or I would do quick Internet searches to confirm minor details of a story. My insecurity revolved around my fear that if I accidentally presented a detail of a story inaccurately, some snarky commenter would call me out on it and accuse me of not knowing what I was doing. But that never happened. And to be fair to myself, I'm pretty confident about the accuracy of the details in the stories I shared.

I came across a lot of neat blogs this past month. I am grateful for the visitors who faithfully returned to my blog day after day to leave comments- you people know who you are! I also want to thank fellow blogger Nicole Rivera, who took the time to recognize my blog and my A to Z challenge theme in her post, Writing a Novel- World Building. She put up links for all of my posts throughout the month! Nicole's blog is called Rivera Runs Through It. You should check it out if you haven't already.

I really hope you A to Z Challenge folk aren't going to shun the blogosphere now that April is over. The reason for this is because I have some cool news....Remember on Day X, I mentioned I was attending an event featuring writer/director/producer Chris Columbus, and remember I was hoping to interview him for my blog? I GOT THE INTERVIEW!!!! I would like to finish reading his book before I post the interview, which should be sometime in the next week or so, if all goes according to schedule. So I hope you could stick around for that.

Did you participate in the Blogging from A to Z challenge? If so, how did it go?

27 comments:

mooderino said...

It was a pretty exhausting month but I'm glad I got through it. I imagine a lot of people will take a bit of a break now, but hopefully they'll be back at it after a long weekend.

Congrats on landing the interview!

mood

Natalie Aguirre said...

I hope people don't disappear too.

Excited for your interview. I am really looking forward to reading his book.

Pat Hatt said...

That cat will never go away, he has post done every day, all the way into July, no lie lol awesome with the interview too, can't wait to view.

Madeline Mora-Summonte said...

Great news about the interview! Looking forward to reading it. :)

Lynn Proctor said...

yay for you !!! i don't plan to disappear but don't plan to write more than once or twice a week unless otherwise inspired :)

Elsie Amata said...

Congrats on the interview! And, further congrats on completing the A-Z challenge. You Rock!

Elsie

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Congratulations on snagging the interview! I'll still be around. My May schedule is full and I won't take a break until June.

Mark Means said...

Wow, that's very cool! I'm looking forward to that interview and I, for one, don't plan on disappearing.

Cutting back a little, maybe, but I'll be here :)

Melanie Schulz said...

Congrats on the interview! I can't wait to read it!

Julie Luek said...

Congratulations on getting the interview. Sounds amazing!

Nick Wilford said...

Congrats on the interview! That's great news!

Your theme was very interesting and impressive. You must have an encyclopaedic mind.

Lynda R Young said...

oh wow!! Congrats on getting the interview!!! How brilliant! Congrats too for making it to the end of the challenge! Woot!

Lynda R Young
IWSG co-host

sydneyaaliyah.com said...

How cool with the interview. I don't have anything planned, but hope the blogsphere does stick around. I will come up with something, cool. haha.

Kathy said...

WOW that is exciting!! I am thrilled I found you on the A-Z and enjoyed your blogs last month about stories. Congratulations on completing the challenge. It is hard to believe it is over!!

Kathy
http://gigglingtruckerswife.blogspot.com

John Wiswell said...

That's great, Cynthia! What a wonderful way to cap off April. I hope the interview goes splendidly for you.

Nicole Rivera said...

OMG! Chris Columbus interview! I saw him (from afar) at last year's BEA talking about his book. I look forward to your interview and in hearing what you thought of the book!

Of course, thanks a thousand times over for your shout-out!

Jay Noel said...

Great job landing the interview!

I remember getting burned out last year in May, and I'm experiencing something similar again. I think it's because April was crazy outside of the blogging world for me. And so much crazy stuff was happening in the news.

Misha Gericke said...

I finished the challenge for both my blogs. Congrats on getting the interview! :-D

Shannon Lawrence said...

Very cool about getting the interview!! Wow! You had an impressive theme, and I know you put a lot into it. Way to go on getting quoted/linked to!

Shannon at The Warrior Muse

Lynn Proctor said...

yay!!!

Natasha Hanova said...

I didn't participate in A-Z, but I was tempted. Congrats on landing the interview with Chris Columbus! And thanks for stopping by and commenting on my blog. :-)

Julie Dao said...

Congrats on finishing the A-to-Z challenge!! I did not participate, as I was on a blogging break, but I'm so impressed by everyone who completed it!

Daisy Carter said...

Chris Columbus?!?!? That's amazing!!! Can't wait to read the interview!

Jeff Hargett said...

Congrats on the interview. No small feat. I'd say not to worry about the accuracy of minor details, but I'm the same way.

Jill Haugh said...

Oh fun! Looking forward to reading the interview!
~Just Jill

Michael Di Gesu said...

WOW.... Congrats on the interview! That is AMAZING.

The A-Z went well for me. My theme was greatly appreciated by all the authors I featured.

Cynthia said...

I appreciate the kind words, everyone!

Post a Comment