Friday, November 30, 2012

I Wrote 50,000+ Words During NaNoWriMo 2012


I just finished typing my 50,000th+ word for this year's NaNoWriMo challenge. 

I want to thank my wonderful husband who has been so thoughtful and supportive and patient with me during this month. It has been craaaaaazy. The winner banner that I'm posting here goes to him too!

I want to thank my children, just for being there. Reading aloud to them, a regular activity that we do, continuously reminds me of how important books, reading, and writing are.

I want to thank my fellow readers for their support in previous postings when I've mentioned that I was doing NaNoWriMo.

I want to thank my writer buddies for raising the bar and reminding me, with their daily increasing word counts, to get moving and to keep at it. 

I want to thank the new writer friends I've made this month for cheering me on.

I want to thank The Office of Letters and Light for hosting NaNoWriMo.

That said, I'm going to go to bed early for the first time this month. Yes, it's about 1 a.m. right now.

I'm leaving you with Train's "The Finish Line." I had danced to this at the end of one of my Zumba classes. It is both a happy and sad song. Though when you listen to it, I hope you think happy thoughts. Whether you've made it to 50,000 words or not, just give yourself a pat on the back for putting yourself out there. 



How was your November? Did you do NaNoWriMo, and if so, how did it go? Feel free to share, vent, or brag about how it went!

12 comments:

T. Drecker said...

Congratulations! You deserve a good night's sleep ;)

Nick Wilford said...

Congrats! And perfect timing for the weekend, eh?

I didn't hit 50,000, but I'm happy about making a solid start which I hope to wrap up in the next couple of weeks.

J. A. Bennett said...

SQUEEE!! What an accomplishment! So happy for you! And I totally love Train :)

Donna Hosie said...

WELL DONE!

Katy Upperman said...

Yay, Cynthia! I'm so proud of you! Congrats on finishing... Such a huge accomplishment!

Cynthia said...

T. Drecker: Thanks! I heart my sleep!

Nick: Thanks! I'm glad you got the start you needed.

J.A.: Thanks! I heart this particular Train song!

Donna: Thanks!

Katy: Thanks! I'm glad you finished too!

Lionel said...

Yeah! Well done. I did not participate, but if given the chance I might next year. You should be very proud of yourself, I know I'm proud of you. That is quite an accomplishment. Well done!

Paul R. Hewlett

M.K. Louie said...

Congrats, Cynthia! Very happy for you.

I'm thankful we got to meet via NaNoWriMo and kept each other inspired and accountable to win this month. I'm expecting great things for both of us in the near future. :)

Nicole said...

Huge congrats! Hope you're doing a happy dance. ;)

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Congratulations! Doesn't it feel good?

Lynn Proctor said...

i am so happy you made it through!!

Cynthia said...

Paul: If you do NaNo next year, you'll get to meet many more writers.

Mike: Glad we met too!

Nicole: Hehe, I suppose it can pass for a happy dance!

Alex: Sure does.

Lynn: Me too!

Post a Comment