Friday, October 12, 2012

I Won Another Blog Award!


Thanks, Tara, from Tara Tyler Talks, for giving me the One Lovely Blog Award. I think I'm supposed to give 7 random facts about myself. Let's see what I can come up with...



1. I've decided to participate in NaNoWriMo next month. I've been busy brainstorming for my story by also participating in NaNoPlanMo, which I'd mentioned in an earlier post. 


2.  Recently, I baked a cake that called for Grand Marnier and Kahlua.  I was carded at the grocery store when I bought this stuff.  I should've been annoyed that I had to go through my wallet to dig for my driver's license, but I was quietly flattered that I could still be mistaken for an under-aged college student or a very daring high schooler.

3. Earlier tonight, I watched a clip from The View where Vanilla Ice was rapping to Ice Ice Baby while a bunch of Zumba dancers worked it in the background. Let's hear it for old school. Yo, VIP let's kick it...

4. I have a habit of stocking up on books...what can I say...I love reading!

5. At my last pedicure, I picked out a shimmery blue polish. Sometimes when I look at my toes, I think about the ocean and how I'd like to go snorkeling again.

6. I'm excited that Gossip Girl is back. I haven't had a chance to watch the season premiere yet. I still like Blair and Dan together but I think Blair is going to end up with Chuck.

7. I'm tickled to receive this blog award. I'm supposed to hand off this Lovely Blog Award to other bloggers, and instead of naming a group of people in particular, I'd say that anyone who wishes to claim this blog award can go ahead and claim it and say it's from me. 

Happy Friday, everyone!  Feel free to share random tidbits about yourself in the comments. 

14 comments:

Laura Marcella said...

I have a shimmery blue nail polish that makes me think of the ocean, too! I especially want to be somewhere warm now since it was 30 degrees last night, brrrrr.

Congrats on your award!

Emily R. King said...

Congrats on your award! And good for you for signing up for NaNo. You go girl!

Lionel said...

"If you got a problem,yo, I'll solve it, check out my hook while the DJ revolves it!" Ice Ice Baby,I love it. That alone made my day. Thanks for sharing these random facts about yourself it is great to get to know more about you. Congrats on your award, I love your blog! Keep up the good work & Have a great weekend:)

Paul R. Hewlett

Joylene Nowell Butler said...

Congrats, Cynthnia. The cake sounds soooo wonderful. And best of luck on the Nano thingy. I'm passing once again. Too chicken or lazy, I'm not sure which.

Julie Dao said...

Congrats on getting that award, how pretty! And good for you... NaNoWriMo is a great experience. I did the summer version (although I didn't win) so I think I get a free pass this November, but I wish you all the best of luck!! And I feel your pain about getting carded... it was only this year that people stopped carding me EVERY time. Now it's just every other time. I guess I finally look 21.

Nicole said...

Congrats on the award and good luck with NaNo.

David P. King said...

All rewards are lovely, not just the One Lovely Blog Award. Congratulations, Cynthia! :)

Joylene Nowell Butler said...

Happy Friday. I have blue toenail polish! You got carded! Hope you celebrated.

Joylene Nowell Butler said...

Oops forgot to mention I'm #192 on Alex's list. Happy IWSG!

Daisy Carter said...

Okay - there is nothing better in this world than getting carded and blue toenail polish, unless it's stockpiling books.

Best of luck with NaNo! Thinking of signing up myself, but haven't decided yet.

Cynthia said...

Laura: It was cold last week here too!

Emily: It's my first time doing NaNoWriMo, so we'll see how that goes...

Paul: Thanks for the kind thoughts.

Joylene: With NaNoWriMo, I'm not sure what I'm getting myself into, but I wouldn't know if I never tried!

Julie: I remember you mentioning on your blog about doing Camp NaNoWriMo!

Nicole: Thanks!

David: It's indeed lovely to get any award.

Joylene: Yay for blue toenail polish and getting carded!

Daisy: Well, if you do sign up for NaNo, you'll be in good company.

S.P. Bowers said...

I love anything that's a shimmery blue like the ocean but I can't wear nail polish. It bothers me too much. Toe nail polish on the other hand, or foot, is fine.

Jay Noel said...

I might do Nano for the first time EVER. Always thought about doing it, but never could commit. We'll see...

Lynn Proctor said...

congrats--and remind me to share a video of my kids doing their rendition of "ice ice baby" :)

Post a Comment