Recently, I've been tagged by Sher A. Hart, a fellow campaigner from Rachael Harrie's Platform Building Campaign. She answered 22 questions from 2 separate tags in the original post and said we could mix and match to answer just 11 of her questions if we wish. So here it goes:
1. How old were you when you started writing? I've been writing for as long as I could remember, but I didn't make an honest effort to pursue a career as an author until recently.
2. If you could talk to a dead person about writing, who would that be? Just one person? That's tough. Alright, Edith Wharton.
3. If you were the main character of a book, what genre would it be? I'd love to be an action hero in a comic book series or a graphic novel.
4. What genre do you write in? I've written in mystery/suspense, fantasy, magical realism, and contemporary fiction.
5. If you could have a superpower, what would it be and why? I want to add a few more hours to the 24-hour day. There never seems to be enough time to do all the things I want to do.
6. What do you like to read? I read whatever interests me.
7. What is something unusual that you've done? I don't know if I would call this unusual, but awhile back, I performed in a local stage production of The Vagina Monologues for V-Day.
8. How do you get names for your characters? I run them through my head for awhile and see if it fits the character's behavior and personality. Sometimes at the very end of writing a story, I'd go back and change a character's name just because the original name never quite gelled with me.
9. What one thing in the grocery store do you always want to buy? I like fresh fruit.
10. Besides reading and writing, name two other hobbies you have. I enjoy trying out new recipes. I also like looking at art.
11. Where in the world would you like to go? There are so many places I'd like to travel to, so much I want to do. Here are just a few things: go dancing in Barcelona with a flower in my hair, climb the Great Wall of China, be mesmerized by the ancient pyramids in Egypt, all while getting to know the locals, doing non-touristy stuff, and munching on yummy international food. (I don't get why anyone would travel to the other side of the globe just to ask for the nearest McDonald's.)
Here are the writers I'm tagging so they can answer some or all of the above questions. So ladies, TAG, you're it! I'm tagging you because I want to learn more about you!
Amber at amberafterglow
Akoss at Nye Louwon-My Spirit
Laurie at Unavoidable Awkwardness
Marieke at Six Impossible Things
Cortney Pearson at Writer by Day, Mommy Always