Monday, February 27, 2012

I've Been Tagged

Recently, I've been tagged by Sher A. Hart, a fellow campaigner from Rachael Harrie's Platform Building Campaign. She answered 22 questions from 2 separate tags in the original post and said we could mix and match to answer just 11 of her questions if we wish. So here it goes:

1. How old were you when you started writing? I've been writing for as long as I could remember, but I didn't make an honest effort to pursue a career as an author until recently.

2. If you could talk to a dead person about writing, who would that be? Just one person? That's tough. Alright, Edith Wharton.

3. If you were the main character of a book, what genre would it be? I'd love to be an action hero in a comic book series or a graphic novel.
 
4. What genre do you write in? I've written in mystery/suspense, fantasy, magical realism, and contemporary fiction.
 
5. If you could have a superpower, what would it be and why? I want to add a few more hours to the 24-hour day. There never seems to be enough time to do all the things I want to do.
 
6. What do you like to read? I read whatever interests me. 

7. What is something unusual that you've done? I don't know if I would call this unusual, but awhile back, I performed in a local stage production of The Vagina Monologues for V-Day.
 
8. How do you get names for your characters? I run them through my head for awhile and see if it fits the character's behavior and personality. Sometimes at the very end of writing a story, I'd go back and change a character's name just because the original name never quite gelled with me.

9. What one thing in the grocery store do you always want to buy? I like fresh fruit.

10. Besides reading and writing, name two other hobbies you have.  I enjoy trying out new recipes. I also like looking at art.

11. Where in the world would you like to go? There are so many places I'd like to travel to, so much I want to do. Here are just a few things: go dancing in Barcelona with a flower in my hair, climb the Great Wall of China, be mesmerized by the ancient pyramids in Egypt, all while getting to know the locals, doing non-touristy stuff, and munching on yummy international food. (I don't get why anyone would travel to the other side of the globe just to ask for the nearest McDonald's.)

Here are the writers I'm tagging so they can answer some or all of the above questions. So ladies, TAG, you're it!  I'm tagging you because I want to learn more about you!

Amber at amberafterglow
Cortney Pearson at Writer by Day, Mommy Always

17 comments:

Gina C said...

i love these 11 questions - they are such a fun way to get to know other bloggers :)

i could use a couple more hours in the day, too. how is it 1pm already??

Cynthia said...

Thanks, Gina! Time flies when we're having fun or working hard, doesn't it!

akoss said...

Having an extra hour or two added to the traditional 24h would help indeed.
Thanks for the tag. I will get to it asap. And thanks for visiting my blog (again). :)

PS: I'm beginning to like you and your blog a lot. ;)

Cynthia said...

Thanks, Akoss! I like you and your blog too! Let me know when your responses are up.

Laurie Dennison said...

I love Edith Wharton! Ethan Frome and Summer are two of my favorites. I would have loved to know her, too. Thanks for the tag!

Cynthia said...

Laurie, you're welcome! I really enjoyed The Age of Innocence- that's one of my favorites.

Sarah Pearson said...

Some good answers - it's nice to meet someone else who has written in multiple genres :-)

Cynthia said...

Thanks, Sarah! I think it's fun to experiment with other genres. =)

Alice said...

fun questions, answers. I was in San Francisco last summer and really enjoyed it, but our stay was too short.

Cynthia said...

Alice, I'm glad you enjoyed SF. That's my hometown!

Mina Burrows said...

Great tagged responses. Adding more hours to your day is good one. BTW, I love trying recipes too.

Cynthia said...

Thanks, Mina! I like trying out recipes 'cuz I like to eat. =)

akoss said...

Ok, my tagged responses are going up next tuesday. Meanwhile I have two wards for you on my blog if you would accept them. :)

Laurie Dennison said...

Hi! Finally answered some of your questions :)

Cynthia said...

That's great, Laurie!

Kate O'Mara said...

Travel is a dream of mine too. I'm nervous about going to Paris or London & finding too many Burger Kings or McDs. :) Glad I'm not the only one who dreams of different places with different cultures (& different fast food).
Glad I found you via A to Z.

Cynthia said...

Nice to meet you, Kate! Thanks for the add. Like you, I appreciate different cultures too.

Post a Comment