Wednesday, July 6, 2011

WriteOnCon 2011 Conference



What sets the WriteOnCon 2011 Conference (August 16-18) apart from the others is that the event is FREE and everything is conducted ONLINE. The organizers of WriteOnCon are a group of seven writers who want to reach out to the community, which is awesome of them. According to the event website, this event is open to all writers even though the curriculum is intended for PB, MG, and YA writers. The first WriteOnCon conference took place last year. I didn't know about it then, so I didn't participate. But I plan to stop by this year just to check it out- I even marked the dates on my planner. 

WriteOnCon also hosts monthly live events. For example, TONIGHT, just hours away, WriteOnCon is hosting a live event  at 9 PM EDT with three kidlit authors- Tessa Gratton, Maggie Stiefvater, and Brenna Yovanoff. Just go here.  I might check this out too.

2 comments:

kourtneyheintz said...

Look forward to hearing more about this conference. Hope you'll cover the highlights on your blog.

Cynthia said...

Kourtney, I plan to write about the experience so stay tuned!

Post a Comment