Thursday, July 7, 2011

House of Infinite Shelves

Photo: Kazuya Morita Architecture Studio

Yahoo's Real Estate section recently published an article about a Japanese house lined with shelves everywhere. The house was created for a historian with a big collection of books.  According to the architect who designed this, the house is supposed to be earthquake-proof too. As a bookworm who constantly scrambles for space to keep my  books, I just had to post about this interesting concept for a house...Not to mention I get a bunch of story ideas just from looking at this picture. 

4 comments:

Jennifer R. Hubbard said...

I suppose people will call e-readers the infinite shelf (actually they do have a limit, though it's in the tens of thousands), but I'm still too fond of the paper book.

Cynthia said...

Jennifer, like you, I'm also still too fond of paper books. I enjoy the satisfaction of turning my pages and being able to see my reading progress when I'm almost done with a particularly long book.

kourtneyheintz said...

I love the paper book. Ereaders are great when traveling, but there's nothing that compares to curling up in bed with a good page-turner. :)

Cynthia said...

Kourtney, I'm with you about curling up in bed with a good page-turner.

Post a Comment