Monday, April 25, 2011

PCCWW's Whole Novel Retreat


I'm posting for a friend about the Pacific Coast Children's Writers Workshop's upcoming Whole Novel Retreat on October 7-9 in Santa Cruz, CA.  Last summer, I attended a writing workshop with PCCWW and had the first chapter of my work-in-progress critiqued by an industry agent and editor. With the help of a writing coach, I also did some hands-on work on my story structure with consideration to different character archetypes. I met some great people, learned more about the craft, and walked away with a better idea of where my YA novel was headed. This year, the organizer is changing the structure of the workshop so that a selected group will be able to have their whole novel critiqued.

For more details about this children's writers retreat, visit the Pacific Coast Children's Writers Workshop's web site by clicking here.

4 comments:

Carol said...

Hi Cynthia! Nice to see your blog and to see you've written about PCCWW. Last summer was my second time there, and I came away with significant new insights into how to approach my WIP. Food for thought (and revisions) all year. Wonderful, inspiring workshop!

Cynthia said...

Carol, great hearing from you! Hope your writing's coming along well.

kourtneyheintz said...

This sounds like a great retreat! Thanks for posting about it. :)

Cynthia said...

You're welcome, Kourtney!

Post a Comment