Friday, April 29, 2011

Fess Up Friday: I'm 80% Done with My YA Book

I'm almost done with the draft for my young adult novel. I have about four and a half more chapters to go, and then I can officially say I have a completed manuscript, one that would still require A TON of revision nonetheless. I'm stoked that I got this far because I still remember the night I started my first chapter, knowing I had a really long road ahead of me. So I made up a writing mantra to get me through all those times when I was unmotivated: "Someone else will write your book if you don't. So get moving." The idea of an imaginary writer out there writing the same book as I am has kept me on my feet.

I'm the tortoise who's about to cross the first finish line. Almost there...

 image from Disney

4 comments:

brookerousseau said...

Hang in there, Cynthia! Crossing that finish line feels so good no matter how many drafts and how many manuscripts you write. What a wonderful feeling. Good luck!

Cynthia said...

Brooke, thanks for your support. Good luck with your writing!

kourtneyheintz said...

Congratulations! That's a big milestone. I love percentages and pages and wordcounts. They keep me on track when I'm drafting. I like your mantra. I'm in they querying stage, so my mantra is: Persistence--send another one out. :P

Cynthia said...

Thanks, Kourtney! Good luck with the query! I think persistence is essential in all stages of writing.

Post a Comment